Pets are very welcome at Kampus, although there may be an extra charge for bringing your furry friend. As you might expect, we have some simple terms and conditions that we ask everyone who would like to bring a pet to Kampus to abide by – to make sure that you, your pet and all of our residents are safe and happy. Any questions, or would you like to go ahead and bring a pet to Kampus? Please speak to a member of the Kampus team and we’ll get everything sorted right away.
Pets that are welcome:
- Dogs – small to medium breeds only (20kg max) (£25 per month additional charge)
- House Cats (£15 per month additional charge)
- Caged Birds
We are sorry, but we don’t allow:
- Gerbils, Guinea Pigs or Ferrets
- Reptiles, Snakes or Spiders
- Residents must request permission to keep a pet as part of the application process, and only pets on our approved list will be accepted.
- We can’t accept any animal listed in the schedule of the Dangerous Wild Animals Act 1976, protected or dangerous breeds.
- Any dog listed under the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 may not be kept at Kampus, including Pit Bull Terriers and Japanese Tosa.
- The only large dogs (e.g. such as Labradors or Alsatians) that will be considered for tenancy are assistance or service animals.
- We can, usually, only accept one cat or dog per apartment.
- You may be required to provide additional information about your pet, including, but not limited to, evidence of vaccinations, flea and worming treatments.
- You may be asked to bring your pet for a meet and greet, with supporting information, before we finalise your tenancy.
- You are responsible for the care of your pet and of the apartment at all times. Where a member of the Kampus team or another resident has raised concern over an animal’s welfare, we reserve to right to contact the appropriate authorities.
- You will be liable for the cost of any damage caused to the apartment or communal areas by your pet. Any damage must be reported to the onsite team immediately.
- A check out inspection will be carried out at the end of your tenancy and you will be responsible for the cost of a deep clean, including carpets, if required. We may from time to time request a mid-tenancy inspection to ensure the apartment is being looked after to the required standard.
- Residents who allow their animals to foul in the common areas of Kampus, including but not limited to the lounge, communal area and garden, may be fined in accordance with the Anti-Social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014.
- Pets are not permitted to enter the gym.
Your tenancy will be at risk for breach of any of the above terms and conditions.